Essential services that protected areas provide, such as clean water, food security, health, economic well-being, carbon sequestration and protection against natural disasters are becoming widely recognized. Less well understood is the fact that those protected areas must be managed effectively in order to fully provide these services.Capacity development has been identified in many regions and in global assessments on biodiversity conservation as one of the key priorities that needs to be urgently addressed to promote best practices and management performance in protected areas. Our services encompass:
- Assessment of training needs,
- Development of capacity building strategy,
- Development of training concepts,
- Development of tailor-made or more generic training material (for interactive learning as well as presentations),
- Organization and realization of training events (from one day workshops up to several weeks).