Blue Pangolin Consulting is an environmental consultancy firm that provides technical services for the conservation and sustainable use of natural resources. Our core business is in the development, strategic planning and implementation of regional and international projects across marine, coastal and terrestrial ecosystems. The advertised role is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join a small team working towards the amelioration of the natural world.
TERM: 24-month fixed-term contract
START: September 2021
SALARY: To be discussed with candidate
As a project officer, you will join a small but multidisciplinary team, reporting to Thomas Dallison, Senior Project Manager.
The main purpose of this role is to work in close collaboration with the team at Blue Pangolin Consulting, to implement projects at the regional / international scales related to the conservation and sustainable use of marine, and coastal resources. The role will involve both project facilitation and technical delivery, including background research and information-gathering; conducting analysis; and drafting reports and papers as required.
You will also be involved in enhancing the communication of the various projects implemented by the company: the production of newsletters, including identification of topical content, social media management, maintenance of various websites and organisation of events.
Other duties will be undertaken as appropriate to the role, and relevant to the needs of the team from time to time.
Qualifications / Education
- Undergraduate or post-graduate degree in a field related to marine conservation, biodiversity, environmental sustainability.
- Environmental research, policy or management.
- Gathering inputs and evidence from stakeholders.
- Managing projects and coordinating activities.
- Working in collaborative partnerships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of online communication media including LinkedIn, Twitter, and Mailchimp.
- Organisational skills and task management.
- Writing skills to produce concise, compelling and clear communication pieces for a range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation capabilities.
- Excellent spoken and written English. Ability to work in French is highly desirable.
- Ability to work in a small team and independently.
Type of person required
- Motivation and curiosity about environmental protection and marine conservation issues.
- Strong autonomy, sense of initiative, creativity.
- Very good interpersonal skills, enthusiasm and team spirit.
- Fluency in and appetite for the digital communication and social media.
- 24-month fixed-term contract position starting September 2021, with the possibility of moving to a permanent contract.
- Salary according to profile and experience.
- Location – To be discussed (the office is based in W12, London).
Please submit your CV and cover letter in .pdf format by August 15th, 2021, to Thomas Dallison: email@example.com
Download a .pdf version of this job description here